1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Register now and join us in all the fun!

What are you waiting for? How about you take a timeout from lurking and register or log-in to join Otaku Central and participate in discussions, events, contests, and much more!

[Official] What do you guys want?

Discussion in 'Central Office' started by Adlet, Sep 5, 2017.

Register on OC today!
  1. Adlet

Adlet Seigi Staff Member

This question is in regards to design. I was thinking a new Theme/Design is a good place to start, but I'm not all too sure what our users are into, just yet. Any help with this would be appreciated, so far I'm planning two themes to start with. A dark one, and a Light one. But yeah, feel free to drop some suggestions!

2. Stan

Stan Super Moderator Staff Member

Hm, new era, new look. I like it.
    Still, I think we should settle some internal problems first before getting occupied with a new look.
    Things like reviewing the sections and merging/removing stuff, making the forum more simple and compact might be nice imo.
    Basically, do some cleaning before "repainting the walls".:catsup:

Nalla and Adlet like this.
  3. Nalla

Nalla Sexy Little Pixie

I'm with Stan on cleaning up the sections, before doing new themes.

Adlet likes this.
  4. Tanis

Tanis MEAT IS DEAD! LONG LIVE CHEESE!

Would it save hosting to site to say...find a way to delete any profile without any posts that's over a year old?

Also: I dig the 'dark theme' we have now.

Maybe a way to 'spoiler' that doesn't show only as giant grey blocks?

Adlet likes this.
  5. Kari

Kari Shiina x Shinobu <3 Staff Member

Ecchi theme that I've been dreaming of since 2013...

I agree that there are other things that we need to sort out first. But overtime it would be good to declutter the forums. I don't know how others feel about it. But I think that the creative retreat section could be condensed down.

6. Stan

The Community Playgrounds too. I think we can remove it along with the RP Hut and the Battle Ring, then move the Fan Clubs and Mafia Lair to the Lounge. The Grand Bazaar from the Retreat can go away as well. Then there are the OP and FT sections that are quite dead too. I wonder if it would look nicer if we combine the manga and anime in one.

Kari likes this.
  7. Kari

Kari Shiina x Shinobu <3 Staff Member

I agree with all of the above. Because I was thinking of going away with the Shonen sections as they aren't active enough to justify having their own sections.

I'd rather that we kept the manga and anime sections separate though. As to avoid confusion in the discussions for both the manga and anime topics.

Xen likes this.
  8. Stan

I still want them to separate, just merge the bigger sections (idk how to English it ;_;), i.e. the Library and the OCTV.

9. Rohan

Rohan Hero

10. Joakim Johansen

Joakim Johansen Abandoned as Christ