1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Register now and join us in all the fun!

What are you waiting for? How about you take a timeout from lurking and register or log-in to join Otaku Central and participate in discussions, events, contests, and much more!

Hello

Discussion in 'Arrival Platform' started by Shiahkazi, Aug 8, 2017.

Register on OC today!

Are you interested in learning Japanese

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Shiahkazi

Shiahkazi New Member

Hi everyone you may call me Shiahkazi if you like, if any of you are trying or are thinking about learning Japanese then come check out my youtube channel. I have one video called 5 tips on learning Japanese. I think all the tips are great but the last tips is one not given or said very often. I would like to upload once a week. The next video will be something along the lines on how to learn Japanese (what websites I use right now/apps) and yes there are free stuff but also paid stuff. I know this wasn't much of and introduction and I am sorry about that but I just don't like to talk about myself. Thanks for reading and I hope to see some comments on my video. I will answer any question that I can answer about Japanese, if you do check the video out and you are learning Japanese share some tips with me as well as I am still learning; later!

2. Walkurefan46

Walkurefan46 New Member

Hey there. I've been trying to learn Japanese for years now. It's not the easiest language out there, but since I've been otaku from 1982 until today, I can safely say that subbed anime or subbed tokusatsu eiga do tend to help your brain get a grip on how everything works with the language.

Don't worry about speaking naturally (rapidly) at first, just concentrate on accuracy. Nothing botches a convo worse than pronouncing a word wrong, or getting the sentence structure totally mangled.

3. Shiahkazi

Shiahkazi New Member

The main problem I have with that is unless you know that Japanese is a subject object verb language and that include particles no and wa, as well as some others. You maybe be able to get maybe ten words from anime but I will admit it gives you a feel for the language and will end up helping your pronunciation.

4. Shiahkazi

Shiahkazi New Member

The main problem I have with that is unless you know that Japanese is a subject object verb language and that include particles no and was as well as some others. You maybe be able to get maybe ten words from anime but I will admit it gives you a feel for the language and will end up helping your pronunciation.

5. Walkurefan46

Walkurefan46 New Member

Also working at a traditional Japanese Restaurant helps too. I worked at one for a year, and my boss said that full language immersion works. I had to learn hiragana, katakana, kanji, and how to converse with the Japanese customers. You know what? He was right.

6. Walkurefan46

Walkurefan46 New Member

But then again, I already knew that Japanese has a backwards/inside-out sentence structure anyway. My boss once told me that I have a Tokyo accent, and that I needed to speak with an Osaka accent, since most of the Japanese customers we had were from the Kansai region.